Sunday, March 4, 2012

Life!

     Well this is embarrassing...starting a blog, and then never posting on it. I shall...I shall...turn over a new leaf! I will post! After all this time, I actually have quite a bit to say. Probably more than I have time for tonight. Firstly, swim season is over. I was at a loss, stunned into silence about the prospect of a real social life. I was...free! (This was after the awkward but exciting swim banquet in which I won the rookie of the year award mostly because  I had a tendency to put my swim cap on sideways. Whoopee for me...)
     But the freedom was short lived. After a few weeks of laziness, I was restless and needed something to do. I didn't have to look far; in fact the answer to my boredom came in the form of a friend of mine, jumping up and down yelling "You WILL do track!". And so I did.
     I actually kind of hate running, but I decided to give it a try to see what it was like when you do it for fun. The first few days have NOT been fun, just because of one thing I overlooked when emotionally preparing myself to run: soreness. Not just run-of-the-mill vague discomfort, but agony that made me feel as though my muscles were crying in the terrible agony that can only come from lactic acid buildup. Ibuprofen made not a dent, and the only thing I could do is adopt a pathetic expression on my face and sit while others picked up things I dropped and brought me things. Poor, sad, out-of-shape me.
      Change of subject: I know that the purpose of this blog is not to discuss my medical issues, but after a traumatic experience at the ear nose throat doctor, I though I would share this very detailed diagram of my head.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hate your sinus. It wouldn't be the same without it.

    ReplyDelete

If I know you, please don't use any real names in any of your comments. There is beauty in anonymity.